About this policy
Merindoc Vintners is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information it holds about
individuals in accordance with the applicable laws. Merindoc Vintners has implemented measures to
comply with its obligations under the relevant Australian privacy laws.
Throughout this site, the terms “we”, “us”, “our” refer to Merindoc Vintners Pty Ltd.
Why does Merindoc Vintners collect my personal information?
Merindoc Vintners collects your personal information to allow it to perform its business functions. For
example we may collect your personal information to enable you to participate in a
Merindoc Vintners promotion or to allow us to market its current and future
products and services to you.
What personal information does Merindoc Vintners collect?
The types of personal information Merindoc Vintners collects will depend on the nature of your dealings
with us and may (but does not always) include:
· your name;
· date of birth;
· personal and/or work contact details (e.g. phone numbers and email addresses); and/or
· payment details (e.g. credit card number).
If necessary, Merindoc Vintners may also ask you to provide it with additional personal information from
time to time.
Importantly, Merindoc Vintners does not collect any personal information it does not need to perform a
business function, and generally it will not collect any information about you without your prior consent.
What if you don’t provide Merindoc Vintners the personal information it requires?
If you can’t, or won’t, provide Merindoc Vintners with the personal information it reasonably requires,
we may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have
How does Merindoc Vintners collect my personal information?
Merindoc Vintners tries to collect personal information directly from you. That collection generally
occurs when you:
· request information from, or have dealings directly with Merindoc Vintners;
· participate in a competition or trade promotion conducted by Merindoc Vintners;
· participate in a survey conducted by Merindoc Vintners;
· access or request information from Merindoc Vintners website; or
· provide information to Merindoc Vintners customer service centre.
In some circumstances however, Merindoc Vintners may also collect your personal information from
third parties, but where it does so, it will ensure that it acts in accordance with relevant privacy laws.
Merindoc Vintners will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which it
collects your personal information.
How does Merindoc Vintners use my personal information?
Merindoc Vintners uses your personal information for purposes including (but not limited to):
· providing you with the our goods or services you request;
· promoting and marketing our current and future products and services to you;
· informing you of upcoming events, special promotions and offers, discounts and other matters which Merindoc Vintners considers may be of interest to you;
· conducting research (including but not limited to client surveys) concerning Merindoc Vintners current and future products or services; and
· to improve the operation or navigation of Merindoc Vintners website.
Merindoc Vintners may also use your personal information for other purposes not listed above which
will be made obvious to you at the time Merindoc Vintners collects that information, or for such
purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
If Merindoc Vintners uses your personal information for direct marketing purposes, all correspondence
sent to you by us will give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving any further direct
Will Merindoc Vintners give your personal information to anyone else?
In providing you the information, goods or services you request, Merindoc Vintners may be required to
disclose your personal information to:
· Merindoc Vintners consultants, contractors and service providers performing services including (but not limited to) legal and accounting services, credit reporting, mail-house, transport and printing services. Other than those third parties referred to above, Merindoc Vintners will not disclose your personal information to any other third party unless it has reasonable grounds to believe:
· you have authorised Merindoc Vintners to do so;
· your safety, or the safety of others in the community, is at risk; or
· Merindoc Vintners is required or permitted by law to do so.
If Merindoc Vintners provides your personal information to a third party, Merindoc Vintners
generally requires the third party to protect your personal information in the same way Merindoc Vintners
Is my personal information secure?
Merindoc Vintners takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is
protected from risks such as loss, unauthorised access, use, destruction, modification or disclosure
Merindoc Vintners only permits its authorised personnel or consultants to access your personal
information for legitimate business purposes.
No data transmission over the internet is totally secure. As a result, any personal information you send to
Merindoc Vintners over the Internet (including via email) is sent at your own risk.
If Merindoc Vintners determines it no longer requires your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to de-identify or securely destroy that information as soon as
Your rights of access and correction
The accuracy of your personal information is important. Merindoc Vintners takes reasonable steps to
ensure personal information it holds about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not
misleading. If you believe that any personal information we hold about you is incorrect,
please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the relevant
You have a general right to access the personal information Merindoc Vintners holds about you. You
may contact Merindoc Vintners to request details of your personal information by email to
email@example.com Merindoc Vintners can deny your request in some circumstances and if it
does so, will provide you with written reasons for that denial.
While there is no fee for requesting access to the personal information Merindoc Vintners holds about
you we reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the preparation and provision
of that information to you.
You also have the right to request the correction of personal information which Merindoc Vintners holds
about you. You may do so at any time by contacting Merindoc Vintners by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org Merindoc Vintners does however reserve the right to refuse to correct your
information in some circumstances. If Merindoc Vintners refuses to correct any personal information
about you, and subsequent agreement cannot be reached between the parties on this issue, you may
request that a note or statement regarding the correction requested be attached to your personal
How do I obtain more information or lodge a privacy complaint?
· have any concerns or a complaint regarding Merindoc Vintners privacy practices or its management of your personal information,
Please contact Merindoc Vintners by email to email@example.com.
Merindoc Vintners will endeavour to respond to you within 20 business days.
© 2013 Merindoc Vintners. All rights reserved